Laws and Sayings
(Last change: 22 December 1999.)
I've always enjoyed "laws" and axioms along the lines of Murphy's Law (and
Ashleigh Brilliant's "Pot-Shots" postcards). Here are a few of my own devising, plus a couple from my sardonic pal Jack Mantis:
Through the miracle of parallel evolution, other people may have come up
with the above items as well, but to the best of my knowledge they were
original when I thought of them.
- Hartman's Rule About Rules: Every rule, including this one, has at least
- Having children is hereditary. If your parents didn't, chances are you
- Moderation in some things.
- Most people are in favor of freedom of speechfor themselves and other correct thinkers.
- Be careful what you vote for; you might get it.
- Competence is always rewarded with more work.
- Once something exists in electronic form, it's only a matter of time before
it appears on the Web.
Or, as archy the cockroach once wrote:
archy is it original
it was once i answered truthfully
and may be again